Platform release 5.7.8: IQ Edge

On April 21, we’ll be releasing our latest IQ Edge 5.7.8. With this mandatory update, we’re introducing new features and enhancements so you can get the most out of your trading platforms. 

IQ Edge

1. Short-selling automation

with few exceptions, you will no longer need to manually confirm borrow rates. Payment confirmations could now be submitted right from your platform.

How does it work exactly?

Before entering a short position, you’ll receive a message outlining how much it would cost per day to borrow the selected security (when applicable) along with your order confirmation. If you accept the payment and trade, your order will be sent to the exchange, and you will be charged for each full day you hold the short position (risk reviews may still apply).

The borrow rate is a floating one; it can change throughout the day up to 2 pm ET. Rates fluctuate based on the security’s market value, demand, and available inventory. If fees increase beyond the amount you’re willing to pay, all you will have to do is buy to close your short position before 5:30 pm ET to avoid being charged.

What does it mean to customers holding short positions?

Effective April 23, we may begin to charge you for holding selected securities short in your account. To find current rates for your existing short positions, you’ll need to log in to the trading platform on April 21st. Once logged in, go to Positions and hover the R icon. If you’re not willing to pay the fee, please cover your short positions before 5:30 pm ET on Monday, April 23. 

IQ Edge users will receive an email notification on April 21 to update their platform. If you’re using Questrade Trading or Mobile, these platforms will be updated automatically - no action is required on your part.

What else do I need to know about this feature?

• Intraday shorting - No fees apply when you close your short positions before 5:30 pm ET. (excluding commissions)
  • You can view borrow rates from your level 1 & 2, watch list or positions tabs.
  • You may encounter fewer risk reviews

2. New trading venues added to Time & Sales

• Display EDGA, CX2, CXD, ICX, LIQ, LYX and MCRY trades on Time & Sales

• Listing of new trading venues for OPRA, NYSE, NASDAQ and Canadian ATS

3. General platform improvements

Update IQ Edge

Log in to IQ Edge to install this mandatory update, so you’re ready to trade Monday morning. If you aren’t able to install the new version of IQ Edge when you log in, please follow these instructions

IQ Edge for Mac users

To complete the mandatory update, you will need to download and install IQ Edge. Follow these instructions.

Questrade Trading

The new short-selling feature and listing of new trading venues will be introduced into Questrade Trading. No action required on your part. 

Questions? We’re here to help. Chat or call us at 1.888.783.7866. We’re available Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 8 pm ET. You can also email support@questrade.com.

What do you think? Login to comment on this article.

• Hi David, does this version solve the issue with charts freezing on market open?

• When do you plan to fix the open and closing quote issues.  I often review stock outside of trading hours I can't believe the platform does not have last closing trade details.  closing bid/ask sizing etc.  Same on the opening the quotes are so far off the real bid/ask.  Whatever quote provider you are using it is unrealistic.  Any time lines on a resolution?

• When do you plan to fix the open and closing quote issues.  I often review stock outside of trading hours I can't believe the platform does not have last closing trade details.  closing bid or ask sizing etc.  Same on the opening the quotes are so far off the real bid or ask.  Whatever quote provider you are using it is unrealistic.  Any time lines on a resolution?

• When do you plan to fix the open and closing quote issues.  I often review stock outside of trading hours I can t believe the platform does not have last closing trade details.  closing bid or ask sizing etc.  Same on the opening the quotes are so far off the real bid or ask.  Whatever quote provider you are using it is unrealistic.  Any time lines on a resolution?

• When do you plan to fix the open and closing quote issues.  I often review stock outside of trading hours I can t believe the platform does not have last closing trade details.  closing bid or ask sizing etc.  Same on the opening the quotes are so far off the real bid or ask.  Whatever quote provider you are using it is unrealistic.  Any time lines on a resolution

• Hi, I'm trading with multiple monitors and since the update, when I'm trying to drag a window outside of my main screen on one of my monitor, the window is not able to adapt its size properly to the new screen... It was fine before the update ...

• I'm in the same position as Rp84. I thought it was just me but it is a real annoyance to not have charts begin to move at market open. Hopefully this upgrade fixes it. I don't like the fact I have to open the platform after market open.

• I'm in the same position as Rp84. I thought it was just me but it is a real annoyance to not have charts begin to move at market open. Hopefully this upgrade fixes it. I don't like the fact I have to open the platform after market open.

• Regarding the charts at market open.  I thought it was just me but it is a real annoyance to not have charts begin to move at market open. Hopefully this upgrade fixes it. I don't like the fact I have to open the platform after market open.

• (Regarding the charts at market open.  I thought it was just me but it is a real annoyance to not have charts begin to move at market open. Hopefully this upgrade fixes it. I don't like the fact I have to open the platform after market open.)

• Does this fix the "Set as default" checkbox when editing columns of windows or will they still reset to your *** defaults?

• Does this fix the "Set as default" checkbox when editing columns of windows or will they still reset to your *** defaults?

• SHORTING???? Perhaps share availability to short may provide this new charge as a worthwhile endeavour for yourselves.

• SHORTING? Perhaps share availability to short may provide this new charge as a worthwhile endeavour for yourselves.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 123

All content in the Exchange, whether provided by Questrade or created by the community members, is for informational purposes only and does not contain advice or recommendations on behalf of Questrade Inc. Use of this site is subject to the terms of service and user posting rules.