Platform release 5.6: IQ Edge

Options rollover orders, real-time maintenance excess, and a new default positions view

At Questrade, we're always looking to make things better. We work hard to give you more tools so we can provide you with the best trading experience. 

IQ Edge

We've been listening to our customers' feedback and we’re delivering. IQ Edge is even easier to use now with these new features.

Option rollover orders

A new time-saving feature that allows you to extend the expiry date of your options positions in one step. With this feature, you can create rollover orders for single-leg options or any two-leg option strategies belonging to same underlying security.

Real-time maintenance excess (RTME)

All margin account holders can now view their real-time maintenance excess (RTME) in either combined CAD or USD. This addition makes it easy to check if you are in a margin call right from the Summary or Position tab.  

Default positions view

You can now change the default view for your holdings in the Positions tab. Holdings can be displayed by positions, orders, and strategy. 

Log in to IQ Edge to install this mandatory update so you are ready to trade on Monday morning.

If you aren’t able to install the release when you log in, follow these instructions to reinstall IQ Edge.

Questrade Trading

This update doesn’t impact Questrade Trading.

What do you think? Login to comment on this article.

• I received your email and logged in to IQ Edge. It proceeded to install the release and then after several steps told me it could not be installed and gave me as options to retry( which I did twice to no avail) or to abort or to re-install IQ Edge through a series of complicated instructions. I clicked on abort. I went on IQ Edge again and it worked (without the re-installation). I do not understand why you would issue a release which cannot be installed. I hope my IQ Edge works on Monday without your defective release. I strongly recommend you do not issue releases unless the installation process has been tested and works perfectly.

• I received your email and logged in to IQ Edge. It proceeded to install the release and then after several steps told me it could not be installed and gave me as options to retry( which I did twice to no avail) or to abort or to re-install IQ Edge through a series of complicated instructions. I clicked on abort. I went on IQ Edge again and it worked (without the re-installation). I do not understand why you would issue a release which cannot be installed. I hope my IQ Edge works on Monday without your defective release. I strongly recommend you do not issue releases unless the installation process has been tested and works perfectly.

• Maybe it was a bug I just updated my PC desktop version3.20 est and its fine

• Maybe it was a bug I just updated my PC desktop version3.20 est and its fine

• Maybe it was a bug I just updated my PC desktop version 3.20 est and its fine

• I ran the release and the installation proceeded and completed normally and successfully on the first try.  Closed IQ Edge and restarted and it started up ok.  Help/about now shows 5.6.5.133 dated 10/20/2017.  :)

• I ran the release and the installation proceeded and completed normally and successfully on the first try.  Closed IQ Edge and restarted and it started up ok.  Help/about now shows 5.6.5.133 dated 10/20/2017.

• I ran the release and the installation proceeded and completed normally and successfully on the first try.  Closed IQ Edge and restarted and it started up ok.  Help/about now shows 5.6.5.133 dated 10/20/2017.

• Stupid comment system showed an error but posted it anyway.  I didn't scroll down; I just tried again, gave up and then found it had been posting even though indicating failure.  Sorry for multiples.

• I am feadop with these releases that you cannot proced with your direction.  It is very frustrating that it does not work.  The last time the same issue was with the new release.  Please verify that the new Release works.  Hope you guys get your avct together.

• download link does not work

• download link does not work

• After the update the application either hangs or is very slow. It is market open and I cannot place any trades. Another useless update that you push on users that most don't need. Get your act together.

• For whatever reason, I get the following error after entering my credentials:

"We are currently experiencing technical problems.  Please try connecting later."

I was able to connect without any problems last week before the latest software update.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12

All content in the Exchange, whether provided by Questrade or created by the community members, is for informational purposes only and does not contain advice or recommendations on behalf of Questrade Inc. Use of this site is subject to the terms of service and user posting rules.