Platform release 5.5: IQ Edge

Options probability columns, dollar value orders, and a brand new asset allocation graph 

At Questrade, we care deeply about the financial success and security of Canadians. We work hard to give you more and better tools you can use in your quest for financial freedom, and we’re very proud of this latest update to IQ Edge.

IQ Edge

You asked and we’re delivering. You’re going to find placing orders and understanding your portfolio breakdown even easier with these three new features.

More Probability columns

If you trade options chains we have something exciting for you. Our update gives you access to an additional set of columns in your options chain screen. You can now add additional probability columns that tell you the probability a specific option chain will expire In the Money (ITM) or Out of the Money (OTM). This makes the process of reviewing option chains more convenient than it has ever been before.

Dollar value orders

Customers have told us that sometimes they want to place an order without worrying about calculating the number of shares they can afford. With our new order feature, you can define your order by quantity, or by the dollar value you want to spend.

Dollar value orders will be enabled for market and limit orders with equities, and for limit orders with options.

Asset allocation graph

At a glance you can see how your portfolio assets break down, making it simpler than ever to see exactly what types of holdings you have, and letting you get back to trading and investing. You can choose to see your asset allocation by asset class, sector, industry, or currency.

Log in to IQ Edge to install this mandatory update so you are ready to trade on Monday morning.

If you aren’t able to install the release when you log in, follow these instructions to reinstall IQ Edge.

Questrade Trading

This update doesn’t impact Questrade Trading.

The features discussed in this blog may not all be included in our latest release.

What do you think? Login to comment on this article.

• Mac user here, cannot update.

• moonho... can you please try again? It should work now.

• Another Mac user here, I tried several times and no luck with the update!

I guess you get what you pay for!

Reduced fees = reduced quality and service!

I've been with Questrade for over 8 years, just for the reduced fees, and so many problems, time to go back to TD Waterhouse!

• Why was my workspace reset on the deployment? Sloppy deployment.

• Mac IQ Edge 5.5 is great! Flawless install. The ITM/OTM probability is basic but a great addition.  Now, if you could add an "expected price move" calculation similar to Tradestation, that would be a big benefit. Glad to see improvements in the right direction!

• Still look poor compare to think or swim.

Still have this 15mn delay while there is plenty of free chart that give real-time price

• Everytime there is an update I have to rebuild all my workspaces---not cool people!!

I have brought this to your attention before,  FYI  other software programs don't have this problem.

I'm sure you can fix this real soon.

• Thanks guys for the OTM and ITM %, it was missing. I ask you that last month and now it's done!!

Keep the good work.

• Hi RalphEntwhistle,

We’ve asked a member of our customer service team to reach out to you and assist with this.

Thank you.

• Hi Dripper240,

Can you give us any information about why you’re having no luck? Do you encounter an error message?

Thank you.

• Mac user cannot update now lost more money than I wished.  Get this system working ASAP Now!!

Get very frustrated with this platform Questrade!!

• Would be great if you guys could update the .zip as well for those of us who cannot use the .exe

What's the point of having a .zip file that still downloads the .exe to update?

• Hi Gillarious,

Please reach out to our technical support teams at support@questrade.com or via live chat. They will be able to help you resolve any issues you’re experiencing.

• Hi ReachThePeach,

Just to be clear, are you saying that the .zip link downloads the .exe file in an unzipped format, or that you would like an installation package that doesn’t include a .exe file? We want to be clear as to the nature of the issue you’re experiencing.

Thank you.

• Hi Alex,

Thank you for the response.

The zip file can be extracted and the application can be launched, but it immediately asks to be updated and the application proceeds to download an exe file which requires administrative privileges to run.

The zip file should contain the most up to date version of IQ Edge already (5.5) so that the application does not need to update and download an exe afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 12

All content in the Exchange, whether provided by Questrade or created by the community members, is for informational purposes only and does not contain advice or recommendations on behalf of Questrade Inc. Use of this site is subject to the terms of service and user posting rules.