Platform release 5.4: IQ Edge and Questrade Trading

A new order type, new graphical view for financial reports, and enhancements to account funding 

Spring is here, and as the world around us starts to bloom we also have new updates for our trading platforms. Whether it’s improved account funding information, a new graphical view, optimized colour themes, or a brand new order type, we’ve got a bit of something for everyone coming out in this new update.

IQ Edge

Our big goals for this IQ Edge update? More information and more trading functionality. With new graphical views, more funding information, and a new trading type, we help make trading even easier.

Downloading and installing IQ Edge

If you encounter any issues with downloading the update, you will need to download and reinstall the platform. You can follow the installation instructions here.

New graphical view

A graphical view for financial reports is now available straight from your dashboard, making it easier than ever to get at the information you want.

Enhanced trading functionality

The addition of relative stop limit orders gives you more flexibility and options when trading.

Improved account funding information

In your myQuestrade account page you will now see a visual indicator of account balances and the minimum amount required to fund your account. You will also be directed to the most efficient methods of funding your account, saving you time in the funding process.

Questrade Trading

We’ve optimized the colour theme, improved account funding information, and enhanced trading functionality helps you become a more efficient trader. Look at the new features we’ve added to Questrade Trading.

Optimized colour theme

In order to increase readability and contrasts throughout the trading platform, we’ve optimized the colour options. This will make trading much easier on the eyes.

Enhanced trading functionality

The addition of relative stop limit orders gives you more flexibility and options when trading.

Improved account funding information

In your myQuestrade account page you will now see a visual indicator of account balances and the minimum amount required to fund your account. You will also be directed to the most efficient methods of funding your account, saving you time in the funding process.

The features discussed in this blog may not all be included in our latest release.

What do you think? Login to comment on this article.

• Some screen shots would be nice. You should work on updating the back end of your software. It's pretty frustrating to be staring at a blank screen while the servers are updating. No graphs, no last traded data for options. Not exactly user friendly when it comes to pre-market research when i wake up in the morning and start up the software.

• Why do you hide links to download software? Is it a secret? I am so frustrated with UI/UX experience you provide... And I am not even talking about the software itself, I am talking about WEBSITE!

• Same problem again. Where is the update link for IQ Edge for Mac? I downloaded from link you provided and I still get the same message that I need to update to new version email.questrade.com/G6R0Uy100c0wT0JF00000Z0 . Why are you not providing this damn update link? It seems that Questrade is very disorganized. What's going on here? Where is the update link for Mac OS? Please post direct link, I am getting sick and tired of this. I reported this problem several times, and you still continue to repeat it.

• On the forum, I complained that you had not fixed the pre-market chart VWAP problem for at least 6 months (and I'm pretty sure you've been aware of it for a lot longer). You replied that you have to prioritise the work your developers do based on customer feedback.......so I was delighted to see that a financial report pie chart, an order type (that already existed on my version of IQ Edge so I've no idea what that 'update' is) and an easier way to deposit (was it so hard before?) were deemed more important for your customers than fixing an important trading indicator and long-term 'error' in your Edge platform. Well done again. Perhaps on the next update, you could ignore fixing any problems again and prioritise some more new features - how about the ability to change the ticker font.........that should help my trading.

• Hi TCsa,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always looking to make the update process better. We’ll pass your feedback on internally.

• Hi sssss,

We apologize for any inconvenience. We’ve moved up the download info link the blog to make it clearer and you can even click the image at the top of the blog to make accessing the download link more convenient. In the meantime, you can also access it here: http://help.questrade.com/how-to/iq-edge/getting-started/downloading-and-installing-iq-edge

• Hi Fibonacci Trader,

We’ve just tested the page and the version downloaded from that page was the correct one. It’s possible you might be trying to work with a cached version of the page, so if you access it and specifically reload the page you should be able to access all the download link you need. If you encounter any other issues, please let us know. We’re here to help.

• Another really good feature would be custom scrollable charts. Try looking at the 1 minute SPY candle chart for the last few days, with aftermarket trading viewable and you will see that there was 1 trade that made at around $8 in thursday aftermarket trading. With a spread of $230 the chart now looks like a straight line with one bar that is $230 long. Also making extensions is maxed out to only a 20% limit as the cursor cannot go be clickable outside of the chart viewing range.

• The platform doesn't work after updates???

• What does this even mean? "The addition of relative stop limit orders gives you more flexibility and options when trading."   Relative?  Is that like a trailing stop loss?  Thanks.

• Has the premarket vwap problem been fixed yet? Also, when will the premarket and after market trading hours be comparable to other brokers?

• Pathetic that Qtrade still has generates so many complaints about not putting an IN YOUR FACE link to download the Mac version. Last time I had to go through "customer service... cough, cough..." in order to find where the f....g link was. As if this is the only thing we have to do in life. To my amazement, the link worked and I did not have to make a second or third call.

• When are you guys going to update the mobile app? Literally the worst app from any broker, considering going to another broker just for that reason.

• Doesn't work after updates. Video card don't like it???

• Hi Anton1,

Are you receiving an error message? Please contact support@questrade.com and we’ll help you get up and running.

Page 1 of 6 (76 items) 12345»

All content in the Exchange, whether provided by Questrade or created by the community members, is for informational purposes only and does not contain advice or recommendations on behalf of Questrade Inc. Use of this site is subject to the terms of service and user posting rules.