Multi-leg options now available for IQ Web and IQ Edge

You’ve asked for them. You got a sneak peek of them. Today you can trade them. Seventeen predefined multi-leg option strategies are now available to be constructed and traded on Questrade IQ Web and IQ Edge as a beta feature.

An option strategy involves the buy (and/or sell) of one or more option types (calls or puts), which allow a trader to potentially profit from an underlying stock’s price movements or stagnant state.  We’ve got lots of resources to help you out with options trading. You can find help articles for each option strategy here, you can read the release notes here, and there’s a forum thread for all things options.

There are a few things you should know:

• Custom strategies can have a maximum of four legs;
  • Each strategy can contain up to one stock leg;
  • All legs in the strategy must have the same underlying security;
  • No legs can be identical.

Note: option strategies for Canadian securities can only be comprised of up to two option legs. Strategies containing a stock leg are not accepted by the Montreal Exchange.

Here’s the list of predefined multi-leg options strategies:

• Covered call
  • Married put
  • Collar
  • Vertical call
  • Vertical put
  • Calendar call
  • Calendar put
  • Diagonal call
  • Diagonal put
  • Straddle
  • Strangle
  • Butterfly call
  • Butterfly put
  • Condor call
  • Condor put
  • Iron butterfly
  • Iron condor

Questions? Let us know in the comments.

What do you think? Login to comment on this article.

• "Strategies containing a stock leg are not accepted by the Montreal Exchange". That means to route them via TSX or AUTO?

How do I get to use the Beta version?

• You said: Strategies containing a stock leg are not accepted by the Montreal Exchange.

That means to route them via TSX or AUTO?

How do I get to use the Beta version?

• You said: Strategies containing a stock leg are not accepted by the Montreal Exchange.

That means you have to route them via default AUTO?

How do I get to install the Beta version?

That means you have to route them via default AUTO?

How do I get to install the Beta version?

• Woohoo! Finally. Great to see this. It will take me a little time to test it out and get comfortable, but I will be moving more assets to this platform and doing more trading with these tools available.

• Woohoo! Finally. Great to see this. It will take me a little time to test it out and get comfortable, but I will be moving more assets to this platform and doing more trading with these tools available.

• I would like to know how where to find this form so I can use it to buy and sekk

• I would like to know how where to find this form so I can use it to buy and sell

• how do i get to the multi lef option form to trade

• Great and thanks to QT! How will options commissions be charged for these strategies? Per leg or per strategy?

• How does commission work on multi-leg options trades?

• Hello

I am unable to trade spreads. Actually I am unable to find the entry form to place a Spread Trade. I have tried both IQ Web & IQ Edge. You say something regarding a "Beta" feature??? How or what actually gives me this feature.

Thnx......Ken

• I use a Mac Book Pro and Ipad 2 and neither one are able to use IQ Web or IQ edge because of silverlight. When will multi leg options be available for IQ essential?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

All content in the Exchange, whether provided by Questrade or created by the community members, is for informational purposes only and does not contain advice or recommendations on behalf of Questrade Inc. Use of this site is subject to the terms of service and user posting rules.